bookfrivolity

Book Frivolity.....

Speculative Fiction Reviews, Interviews, Art and Whatever Else!

Stone of Farewell
Tad Williams
The Guns of Empire (The Shadow Campaigns)
Django Wexler
Tallwood
Jeremy Kool, Steve Gerlach & Amanda Kool

Sadie Sugarspear and the Weeping Willow (The Sugarspear Chronicles: The Strange and Dark Journey of Sadie Sugarspear, #1) #1) - Nicole Arlyn

I am not quite sure I have to emotional aptitude to fully appreciate this little piece of darkness. The beginning is heartbreaking, the pain is almost tangible as Sadie's psyche starts to disintegrate. Then even the fantasy world she finds herself in is hideous. A lot of harsh imagery, but there is a weird sort of beauty in it's ugliness I suppose. It's like a nightmare you never want to find yourself, or anybody in. It made me bone weary after only 50 something pages. But then, books about child sex abuse should make everybody feel so.

I don't know quite what to say, except that I hope Sadie finds her way to a better place. I won't forget this for a long time, I don't think, like a tiny burr under the skin. It might just haunt me until I know she is safe somewhere, wherever she ends up.