bookfrivolity

Book Frivolity.....

Speculative Fiction Reviews, Interviews, Art and Whatever Else!

Stone of Farewell
Tad Williams
The Guns of Empire (The Shadow Campaigns)
Django Wexler
Tallwood
Jeremy Kool, Steve Gerlach & Amanda Kool

Weeks 30 - 32, 2015

If Then - Matthew De Abaitua Followed by Frost - Charlie N. Holmberg The Aeronaut's Windlass - Jim  Butcher Crucible Zero - Devon Monk Almost Adept - Olga Godim A Curious Beginning - Deanna Raybourn Hunter - Mercedes Lackey Legacy of Kings - Eleanor Herman An Apprentice to Elves - Elizabeth Bear, Sarah Monette Hunt for Valamon - D.K. Mok

I seem to have skipped a few weeks! Things have been a bit strange around here, due to a combination of general life peculiarities. I think normality meter is starting to flatten out. I hope!

Outside it's turning into the moors of Wuthering Heights around here! Which suits me just fine... I love a bit of wild and spooky weather, even if it means power outages and flickering internet connections..

Anyway, Books!

The In's:

Just click on the titles above. I am being slack not listing them properly, but if you got this far, I know you can use a mouse to click/hover... ;)

The Current's:

• Geekomancy by Michael R Underwood. This is a re-read, but I have the ARC of Hexomancy here, and I needed a bit of a refresher on the series. I had forgotten how Geek it really is!

• The Tea Planter's Wife by Dinah Jefferies (ARC). I've been neglecting my love of historical fiction recently, as I seem to be acquiring many more fantasy ARCs than usual. So, I felt the need indeed!

• And I am buddy reading The Aeronaut's Windlass by Jim Butcher with Matthew from Smash Dragons. It's taking me longer than usual to get through this, as the e-arc formatting is, well, crap (honestly, it's not good)! I'm persevering, because the book rocks so far; but patience I don't have at the moment is required to filter the weirdness..

The Out's:

I seem to have read quite a bit in the last few weeks! I'm not sure when exactly it all occurred.. Probably when I should've been sleeping?

The Glamourist Histories by Mary Robinette Kowal

(I am thinking I'll do some sort of bloggity blog post about this series, since I lurved it so much!!)

• The Mirror Empire by Kameron Hurley (reread for the Empire Ascendant ARC but it's still..) 5 stars

• The Veil by Chloe Neil : 3 & 1/2 stars (RTC)

• Left to Darkness by Craig Saunders : 4 stars (RTC)

The Possibilities:

Wow, I don't know to start really.. It seems everybody has decided September 1st would be the only date possible to release a book next month! There's 9 of them sitting here, and I am quite sure that's not everything gracing shelves! I guess Fantasy is getting rather competitive these days.. But, I think this week, the most appealing are:

• Sorcerer to The Crown by Zen Cho. ACE.

• Updraft by Fran Wilde. Tor Books.

• Twelve Kings in Sharakhai by Brad Beaulieu. DAW.

So, Have a great week everybody!! Read well!!