bookfrivolity

Book Frivolity.....

Speculative Fiction Reviews, Interviews, Art and Whatever Else!

Stone of Farewell
Tad Williams
The Guns of Empire (The Shadow Campaigns)
Django Wexler
Tallwood
Jeremy Kool, Steve Gerlach & Amanda Kool

Quick Review: Shades of Milk and Honey by Mary Robinette Kowal

Shades of Milk and Honey - Mary Robinette Kowal

All one needs to know, is that a fleeting moment after putting this book down, sighing like a contented lady of regency, and contemplating if I could possibly fit in another hour of reading tonight;  I purchased Glamour in Glass.. It so happens, that my constitution is not quite so weak as it appears..

And so, good evening fine gentle people! I have a rather riveting dinner party to attend with Jane, and I must toilet before making my appearance! I look a frightful shambles in this nightdress, and it simply shall not do in such charming company.. A glamour may need to weaved, to simply cover over the whole debacle of my frightful state!

Ie. I really really loved it!

Sometimes, gentle is all that is needed. If all one reads is battle weary warriors, swinging around broadswords, there is a chance of missing the subtlety of a simple, yet beautifully classic story. I was so glad to have come by this at this point in time, unwell and sleepless.

The only way I really wish to review it, is to buy a copy for all of my classic/regency loving friends*,  secretly leave it on their bedside tables, and wait for them to one night notice it lying there. When the night is quieted, and the stress of the day keeps them from sleeping; they can pick it up, read and just forget. Be lost and dream of weaving magic to create beauty, rather than destruction.

*though I am not Oprah, so the chances of this occurring is slim, to none!