bookfrivolity

Book Frivolity.....

Speculative Fiction Reviews, Interviews, Art and Whatever Else!

Stone of Farewell
Tad Williams
The Guns of Empire (The Shadow Campaigns)
Django Wexler
Tallwood
Jeremy Kool, Steve Gerlach & Amanda Kool

Looking Good: 10 Fantasy & Historical Fiction Books Releasing in August 2015

Fool's Quest - Robin Hobb The Veil - Chloe Neill The Fifth Season - N.K. Jemisin, Robin Miles The Waterborne Blade - Susan    Murray The House of Shattered Wings - Aliette de Bodard Alice - Christina Henry Enchantress of Paris: A Novel of the Sun King's Court - Marci Jefferson Left To Darkness - Craig Saunders The Beast's Garden  - Kate Forsyth Lamp Black, Wolf Grey - Paula Brackston

Shiver me timbers lads and lassies! It's August! The month of extreme wind chill factors, Peridots, Hollys, Hawthorns, Hazels and Leos!  Birthdays for awesome people (me),  and some pretty awesome ones for books as well!

Firstly, Fitz & Fool lovers rejoice! Robin Hobb is making August my extra special favourite month of this year, as she's kindly giving us a new book in Fool's Quest! I have a huge amount of respect for Hobb, and her skills, so I'll be hunkered down and non-responsive for the duration of that read!

Kate Forsyth's The Beast's Garden is gracing Australian shores  on the 3rd (not sure about other regions release dates!). She writes the most amazing historical fiction and fantasy, and this is no exception! My friend Matt from Smash Dragons and I have an interview coming up with Kate soon, so look out for it!

Susan Murray's second novel Waterborne Exile is hitting shelves on the 6th! Great series so far, and Susan is a totally cool lady to boot!  My interview with her will be up shortly!

Alice by Christina Henry is one of my favourite books of the year! A totally bonkers retake on Alice in Wonderland, that's dark, beautiful and completely original. My review will be up in the next few days!

I'm currently devouring The House of Shattered Wings by Aliette de Bodard! Some extremely intense head space going on in there! My review will be rumbling around in/on Grimdark Magazine in the near future!

It just goes on like that all month! I've yet to read a few of the books listed, but the copies are in the tbr pile waiting to go*, they all look pretty fantastic on my quick perusals!

I'm a bit exhausted just thinking about it!

It'll be great though!

*all apart from The Fifth Season by N.K Jemisin!  I was unable to score a copy, so I'm basing my recommendation on my love for her previous works!

(psst, all birthday presents accepted gleefully!)