bookfrivolity

Book Frivolity.....

Speculative Fiction Reviews, Interviews, Art and Whatever Else!

Stone of Farewell
Tad Williams
The Guns of Empire (The Shadow Campaigns)
Django Wexler
Tallwood
Jeremy Kool, Steve Gerlach & Amanda Kool

Hey, Writers of Grimdark! Gather around corelings, there be prizes..

Grimdark Magazine: Issue #2 - R. Scott Bakker, Jeremy Szal, Richard K Morgan, T.R. Napper, Aaron Fox-Lerner, Kameron Hurley, Adrian Collins, Cheresse Burke, Kyle Massa, Layla Cummins

Fellow Grimdarkians! I am here to announce and let it be known that Grimdark Magazine is running a BATTLE OFF! *trumpets sound* The premise is this:

Self Published and Small Press Grimdark Authors: Go to the Grimdark Magazine website, Give us a 1,000-word excerpt featuring a battle scene from your published work. We'll post it on our site with a public voting system and let our readers decide which is their favourite. Whoever ranks in the top seven at the end of the voting period will be passed on to our panel of judges.

The judging panel includes some freaking awesome authors! Anthony Ryan, Richard Ford, Tim Marquitz, R. Scott Bakker and Graham Neil! Unfortunately we aren't giving away a group date with these sweet chickens, but I guess you can't have everything in this life.. *pouts*

Make sure you check out the conditions at the bottom of the page Grimdark Mag website to see that you are eligible, and all the other nitty gritty hoopla!

Prizes Corelings, I said PRIZES!

FIRST PRIZE

Kindle Fire HD with all of Realmwalker Publishing Group's titles loaded onto it

Realmwalker Publishing Group

Blackguards anthology paperback

Ragnarok Publications

FUBAR: A Collection of War Stories by Weston Ochise ebook (Kindle or ePub)

Cohesion Press

Editorial Services

Up to five thousand (5,000) words editing provided by Mike Myers, Grimdark Magazine's line editor, to be used for one short story or novel (value $80). You can see Mike's work in the fiction releases of GdM#2, #3, #4, and #5.

I know Mike rocks the cazbah, and he pulls no punches! You WANT him to edit your work!

Cover Art Services

8.5 x 11 (inches) full-color illustration including one full-body character with background provided by Spiral Horizon Art in jpg format. You can see Jason's work on the cover of GdM #4.

SECOND PRIZE

The Testament of Tall Eagle paperback

Ragnarok Publications

SNAFU bundle pack ebooks (Kindle or ePub)

Cohesion Press

Editorial Services

Up to two and a half thousand (2,500) words editing provided by Mike Myers, Grimdark Magazine's line editor, to be used for one short story or novel (value $40). You can see Mike's work in the fiction releases of GdM#2, #3, #4, and #5.

Cover Art Services

7 x 9 (inches) B&W illustration including one partial-body/portrait with limited background in jpg format. You can see Jason's work on the cover of GdM #4.

THIRD PRIZE

The Ties That Bind trilogy in your choice of format

Ragnarok Publications

Cry Havoc: League of Silence and Cry Havoc: Forlorn Hope by Jack Hanson ebook (Kindle or ePub)

Cohesion Press.

Grimdark Magazine

Holy crap is right my friends!

Readers, you can get in on the act too! Check out as many battle scenes as you can. Vote them on a scale of 1 to 5 at the very bottom of each page. Every vote will count towards getting your favourite scenes into the top 7 and give the competing authors a chance to win plenty of awesome prizes.

FLY YOU FOOLS!!!! It can't last forever, and we want to help you show the world that self published and small press Grimdark rocks! (bonus, you might even get some extra sales out of it! *waggles eyebrows*)