bookfrivolity

Book Frivolity.....

Speculative Fiction Reviews, Interviews, Art and Whatever Else!

Stone of Farewell
Tad Williams
The Guns of Empire (The Shadow Campaigns)
Django Wexler
Tallwood
Jeremy Kool, Steve Gerlach & Amanda Kool

Looking Good: 10 Fantastic Fantasy Releases for September 2015

Sorcerer to the Crown - Zen Cho The Traitor - Seth Dickinson Updraft - Fran Wilde Twelve Kings in Sharakhai - Bradley P. Beaulieu The Aeronaut's Windlass - Jim Butcher Led Astray: The Best of Kelley Armstrong - Kelley Armstrong Menagerie - Rachel Vincent If Then - Matthew De Abaitua The Dragon Engine (The Blood Dragon Empire) - Andy Remic Two Years Eight Months and Twenty-Eight Nights - Salman Rushdie

Click/Hover on the book covers for descriptions, buying options, and release dates for September!

Ah Spring! Behold the months of hey-fever to come! Whilst you're scratching your itchy eyes, and blowing out your post nasal drips, there are plenty of new releases to distract yourself with in September!

(If you can avoid using the pages as a tissue during an unexpected sneezing explosion, that'd be awesome! Plus, I wouldn't have to label you as the grossest person ever created!)

I can honestly say, I have enjoyed every one of these little chickens, whether in full or just having the chance for a pre-perusal.

There's awesome flying adventures in Updraft, military steampunkery in Aeronaut's Windlass, arse kicking in the desert in Twelve Kings, intrigues a plenty in Sorcerer to The Crown and a whole host of new short stories from Kelley Armstrong. I've also scored the full ARC of The Traitor (Baru Commorant) that I featured a few weeks ago, that I can't wait to share my thoughts on. And that's just a few! I feel the exhaustion setting in!

Whether your looking for fantastic world building, awesome characters, and/or a splendiferous storyline, September really is Looking Good!

There are so many more worth mentioning this month, but I couldn't fit in an extra ten! I haven't earned my superbookwoman cape (yet!) to get through quite that many..

I've also been lucky enough to score an interview with Bradley Beaulieu, the author of Twelve Kings in Sharakhai (aka Twelve Kings thru Gollancz), one of my favourite releases of this year! Look out for it soon! I am feeling like a very lucky chucky recently!

If you complain you can't find anything to read this month, I officially disown you :)