bookfrivolity

Book Frivolity.....

Speculative Fiction Reviews, Interviews, Art and Whatever Else!

Stone of Farewell
Tad Williams
The Guns of Empire (The Shadow Campaigns)
Django Wexler
Tallwood
Jeremy Kool, Steve Gerlach & Amanda Kool
Angel of Storms (Millennium's Rule) - Trudi Canavan

Saturday Night Reads on Instagram...

Tonight's Saturday Night Read is 'Angel of Storms' by Trudi Canavan, book 2 of the Millennium's Rule series! I cannot express how much I admire Ms Canavan. I’m extraordinarily proud (in a non-knowing her kind of way) that not only an Australian (a Melbournite! We grow em good around here!), but a FEMALE Australian epic fantasy writer is rocking the world with her words. It gives us all an extra smidge of hope, as we see less and less of our country people, on the fantasy shelves!

Anyway, Back’o’book: “Tyen is teaching mechanical magic at a school respected throughout the worlds. News arrives that the formidable ruler of all worlds, long believed to be dead, is back and enforcing his old laws - including the one forbidding schools of magic. As teachers and students flee, Tyen is left with no home and no purpose... except the promise he made to Vella, the sorcerer imprisoned in a book. Tyen must decide what he is willing to do to free her.

After five years among the tapestry weavers of Schpeta, Rielle's peaceful new life has been shattered by a local war. As defeat looms, the powerful Angel of Storms appears and invites Rielle to join the artisans of his celestial realm. But what will he require in return for this extraordinary offer?”

Guess you’ll have to read it to find out! And you can in a few days - it’s out on the 12th of November through Orbit books (my copy is from Hachette Australia.. they are way too nice to me!). Check out the series Age of The Five as well.. One of my favourite fantasy series of all time!