bookfrivolity

Book Frivolity.....

Speculative Fiction Reviews, Interviews, Art and Whatever Else!

Stone of Farewell
Tad Williams
The Guns of Empire (The Shadow Campaigns)
Django Wexler
Tallwood
Jeremy Kool, Steve Gerlach & Amanda Kool
Fae - The Wild Hunt - Graham Austin-King

Saturday Night Reads: *drumroll* Tonight, 'Fae: The Wild Hunt' by Graham Austin-King, a Realmwalker Publishing Group release.

Ah, what a shit-house day. Really. I've spent half the day with this lump of lead in my gut, not from hate, or fear, but from a severe sense of hopelessness. I figure the best chance I have to escape it, is to read myself into oblivion!

I actually chose Fae tonight, because I know Graham Austin-King (in a minimalist sort of way), and I have had some great conversations with the people at Realmwalker. I figure what better way to combat the acts of hate surrounding us, than by supporting those for whom we hold personal affection, and respect. So, anyway, enough emotional gnattery..

Back'o'Book:

Faeries... The fae... The stuff of bedtime stories and fables.

But sometimes the faerie tales are true. Sometimes they are a warning...

For a hundred generations the fae have been locked away from the world, in the cold, the Outside. They have faded out of sight and mind, into myth and folklore. But now the barriers are weakening and they push against the tattered remnants of the wyrde as they seek a way to return.

As a new religion spreads across the world, sweeping the old ways and beliefs away before it, a warlike people look across the frozen ocean towards the shores of Anlan, hungry for new lands. War is coming, even as the wyrde of the Droos is fading.

As the fae begin to force their way through the shreds of the wyrde, will mankind be able to accept the truth concealed in the tales of children in time to prepare for the Wild Hunt?

You can grab it at Realmwalker & Amazon.

May tomorrow be a better day #vivelafrance