bookfrivolity

Book Frivolity.....

Speculative Fiction Reviews, Interviews, Art and Whatever Else!

Stone of Farewell
Tad Williams
The Guns of Empire (The Shadow Campaigns)
Django Wexler
Tallwood
Jeremy Kool, Steve Gerlach & Amanda Kool
Zombie Apocalypse! Acapulcalypse Now (Zombie Apocalypse! Spinoff) - Stephen,  Littlewood,  Alison Jones

Book Depository | Galaxy Bookshop

Amazon | Amazon UK

Sunday Afternoon Reads! I felt like something a little different today, and since I've never read a zombie novel before, 'Acapulcalypse Now!' by Alison Littlewood, seems like it will fit the bill quite nicely!

It's a spin off from the well know 'Zombie Apocalypse!' series started by Stephen Jones. I'm not exactly sure what I'm getting myself into, but it does sound like it's going to be a hell of a lot of fun!

The Hotel Baktun is an exclusive vacation complex that is about to open on the coast of Acapulco, Mexico. Owned by a mysterious multi-millionaire businessman, it is shaped like an ancient Mayan pyramid and its halls are lined with rare and expensive artefacts.

For Stacy Keenan, the hotel’s new Head of Security, things are already chaotic as the locals continue to put the finishing touches to the festivities while VIPs begin to arrive for the grand opening. When a Russian cruise ship turns along the shore and disgorges its cargo of flesh-eating zombies, the guests and staff soon fragment into various factions as they struggle to withstand the spread of HRV (Human Reanimation Virus).

As the armies of the dead conquer all that stand before them, and the human survivors prepare for a final battle against an unstoppable enemy, a horror even more ancient and terrible is revealed when ‘The Death’ comes to Paradise..

Civilian Reader has a great excerpt as their website here!

Hope everyone is having a delicious weekend...

K.