bookfrivolity

Book Frivolity.....

Speculative Fiction Reviews, Interviews, Art and Whatever Else!

Stone of Farewell
Tad Williams
The Guns of Empire (The Shadow Campaigns)
Django Wexler
Tallwood
Jeremy Kool, Steve Gerlach & Amanda Kool
Ghoul Girl with Ghosts in the Garden by Book Frivolity. (book: My Demonic Ghost: Banished Spirit by Jacinta Maree)

Hello all!

Gosh, it feels like a bloody long time since I've had the chance to blog! A lot has been happening at Kristy's Ménagerie de Chats, and I've had my work cut out to keep it all under control!

Since I last posted I've moved house (never again!!! Gah!), started working at Cohesion Press (w00t!), become a judge for fantasy short stories and novellas for the Aurealis Awards (squee!), Grimdark Magazine's Kickstarter for the 'Evil is a Matter of Perspective' anthology has almost kicked off (I'll post more about this when it goes live in a few days!).. Other things I can't remember right now.. (my brain is too full to think much else! Plus, none of it's been good stuff!)..

I've still been reading a good chunk in between unpacking boxes (mostly books!) and everything else, I've just not had the chance to really sit down and write anything worthwhile about the experiences. In all honesty, I've felt more inclined to create book related art, as it's so relaxing (I lie, it's frustrating as all get up, but there's joy in that frustration!).

I think, at least for the near future, my reviews will be pared down to the bare bones of what I really think is pertinent info about each book. I have an interview coming up with Marc Turner,  writer of The Dragon Hunters,  and there'll be a guest post by Aussie Spec-Fic writer Alan Baxter later in the month to keep bookish appetites whetted!

In any case, I'll see you all in a few days with more.. Stuff!

K.