bookfrivolity

Book Frivolity.....

Speculative Fiction Reviews, Interviews, Art and Whatever Else!

Stone of Farewell
Tad Williams
The Guns of Empire (The Shadow Campaigns)
Django Wexler
Tallwood
Jeremy Kool, Steve Gerlach & Amanda Kool

Not Quite A Book Review: The Waking Fire by Anthony Ryan.

The Waking Fire - Anthony  Ryan

The Waking Fire is set in a vibrant new world where the blood of drakes—creatures similar to dragons—is valued beyond reckoning, and can be distilled into elixirs that grant fearsome powers to those who are “blood-blessed.” The novel follows an unregistered blood-blessed as he searches for an elusive variety of drake so potent, its capture would mean unrivalled riches; the second in command of a blood-burning ironclad ship; and a young woman in a lifelong contract to a trading syndicate, whose espionage mission places her on the front lines of a newly declared war. As empires clash and arcane mysteries reveal themselves, these characters are tested again and again and soon discover that the fate of the world rests on their shoulders.

Always Watch Lizanne's Hands - by Kristy M (Book Frivolity)

I liked it so much, I just fan-arted over it. It's pretty much the highest compliment I can give, cause I'm a fickle creature when it comes to fan-arting (my childish side just likes saying fan-arting..).

I'm pretty sure everyone else has said something about the details: the characters, the world building, the pacing etc... But honestly, I really don't want to! Yeah, occasionally I do shut-up. It'll be fleeting, I'm sure.

When I adore a book this much, I don't want to spoil it by putting my own words to it. I can't do it justice really. It's one of the things about reviewing that I dislike - I put my words to it, I potentially stop it from speaking for itself... The Waking Fire can speak for itself :)

Just read it. You'll either like it as much as I did, or you won't. Either way, I'll be happy that you just gave it a shot - cause it is absolutely worth the effort.

Lot's of book-lovin-huggin,